10 Ayurvedic Remedies for Cough And Cold
10 Ayurvedic Remedies for Cough And Cold for all who suffer from this. As you know in India has historical roots with Ayurveda. We have to give you the best information to keep you secure from cough and cold in the winter season. Read the full article for more in which you will understand many things.
What is Cough?
Cough is a sudden expulsion of air from the lungs through the epiglottis at a very fast speed. It clears breathing passages of unwanted irritants. It is a sudden, forceful hacking sound to release air and clear irritation in the throat or airway. A cough can be seasonal. It may be due to bacterial infection.
Causes of Cough: Cough is a way of clearing the throat. There are many ways in which cough is caused. Cold, flu, asthma, smoking, allergies are common causes of cough. A cough is caused by a viral infection. A cough can be an infectious cause and a non-infectious cause.
Infectious Cause: Infectious cause can be due to viral or a common cold, sinus infection, whooping cough and pneumonia.
Non-infectious Cause: On the other hand, a non-infectious cause can be due to asthma, environmental allergies, and bronchitis.
If Cough is not curing after having medicines, then it may be a warning sign of Cancer. In this case, an individual may cough with blood. If cough persists for more than a week then medical attention is required.
Symptoms of Cough: A Cough can occur with signs and symptoms. Some common cause may include:
1. Runny nose
2. Stuffy or blocked nose
4. Chills and body ache
5. Night sweat
6. Nausea or vomiting
7. Frequent throat clearing
8. Irritation in the throat or sore throat
9. The problem in swallowing liquid or food
11. Shortness of breath
12. Wheezing breath
13. Sore taste in the mouth
15. Sleep disruption or insomnia
16. Chest pain
17. Cough with blood
18. Weight loss
What is AYURVEDA?
Ayurveda is a word that is derived from AYU and VEDA. AYU means Life and VEDA mean science or knowledge. The word Ayurveda means the science of life.
Today’s world is adopting Ayurveda in medicines because they don’t have any side effects. It is used for treating or curing health problems without harming the body.
Cough in Ayurveda terms:
Whenever we have an itchy throat, we start looking for some Ayurveda remedy. We start finding out on the internet for easy home remedies. Many Indians still believe or have trust in-home or Ayurveda remedies to cure. Not only these remedies treat common cold and cough, but they also don’t have any side-effects.
Here, we have mentioned some of these home remedies that will help you treat common cold and cough through Ayurveda.
7 DIFFERENT AYURVEDA MEDICINES:
1. Lukewarm Water: Drinking lukewarm water will help you in getting rid of cough as it helps in fighting the common cold, cough and sore throat. Drinking lukewarm water frequently.
2. Ginger: Ginger is a natural cough suppressant. It has a very long history of use in various forms of medicine. It is an ancient spice with powerful anti-inflammatory properties. So it is also used in curing cough and cold. Chewing ginger or burnt ginger helps in curing sore throat and cough. Ginger tea is also used as medicine for curing cough and cold.
3. Black pepper: Black pepper is also used as an Ayurveda medicine. It is used to provide relief from cough. It is antibacterial and antibiotic in nature which helps in curing cough. Use black pepper in tea to cure cough.
4. Lemon: Lemon is used in a variety of ways to cure cough. It has anti-inflammatory properties and Vitamin C which helps in treating cough. Make black tea and add a few drops of lemon in black tea.
5. Honey: Honey has a long medicinal history. It has properties for fighting for infection. It is an effective cough suppressant that is why it is used in treating cough. Have 2 teaspoons of honey at bedtime. This will help in curing cough.
6. Tulsi: Tulsi has anti-inflammatory properties. Chew a few leaves of tulsi to treat cough. Also, add few tulsi leaves in tea to cure cough and throat.
7. Clove: Clove has high antioxidants. Chew a bud of clove for relief from a sore throat or chewing a burnt clove is also an effective medicine.
10 Ayurvedic Remedies For Cough And Cold
1. Black tea + Lemon: Black tea and lemon combination is Ayurveda syrup. Boil 1 glass of water and add few tea leaves. Add a few drops of lemon. Having this syrup twice a day will cure a cough.
2. Honey + Ginger juice + Black pepper powder: Mix 1 teaspoon honey, few drops of ginger juice and a pinch of crushed black pepper and have this mixture twice a day will relief from cough and cold. It is an effective medicine.
3. Lemon + Honey: Mix a few drops of lemon and 1 tablespoon of honey in lukewarm water and drink the mixture twice a day will cure cough and sore throat.
4. Tulsi leaves + Black pepper+ Ginger: few tulsi leaves, 2 black pepper and a slice of ginger and mixes them in boiling water. Add 1 teaspoon of honey to sweeten. This kadha will help in curing sore throats and cough immediately.
5. Milk + Turmeric powder: Mix a pinch of turmeric powder in 1 full glass of milk. Drink this milk at bedtime. Turmeric has a strong antioxidant which helps in treating many health problems.
6. Lukewarm water + Salt: Add 1 small spoon of salt in lukewarm water and gargle twice or thrice a day. This is an age-old therapy that cures throat and cough.
7. Flax Seeds + Honey + Lemon: Boil 3 tablespoons of flaxseeds in 1 glass of water until the water becomes thick. Then strain and add 3 tablespoons of honey and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
8. Onion juice + Honey: Mix 1 tablespoon of onion juice and 1 tablespoon of honey and use this effective mixture as cough syrup.
9. Honey + Cinnamon + Mulethi: Mix half tablespoon of honey with half tablespoon of cinnamon and half tablespoon of mulethi powder in water. Have this mixture twice a day. This will give relax to sore throat and cough.
10. Jaggery + Turmeric: Mix Jaggery 3 tablespoon with 1 tablespoon of turmeric. Blend the mixture properly and store it in an airtight container. Take a small quantity of this mixture and let it dissolve in the mouth.
A cough can be prevented by using the following methods:
1. Wash your hand regularly with soap and water
2. Avoid contact with an infected or sick person
3. Wash hand after shaking hand with an infected person
4. Cover nose while sneezing
5. Always stay hydrated
6. get sleep for 7 to 9 hours
7. Exercise regularly
8. Taking a deep breath
9. Hot wash bed sheets, towels, and hanky of infected person
10. Take supplements like Vitamin C which can boost the immune system
A cough is annoying and may feel uncomfortable for a couple of weeks and can be clear on its own but if still, cough persists, then medical attention is required. Consult the doctor.